Good Mornings Begin with Good Hair
A.M. hair can be unpredictable—you never know what you’ll see when you turn on the bathroom light. On a hectic morning, the last thing you want to worry about is your hair. These are simple tips for a chic look that’ll take you from your first cup of coffee, all the way to cocktails.
For normal hair, here are some tips..
- Use the right brush–It all starts with the right brush for your hair type and condition. Using a brush that’s too harsh, causes frizz or forces you to rip through your hair are all bad ways to start styling. A non-synthetic wide and flat brush is a good option for most hair types, but remember to wash it regularly.
- Give your hair a break — If you wore a heavily-styled look yesterday, opt for something looser with less products required today. This will help prevent serious product-buildup in your hair, and give it the time it needs to regain strength after being pulled around and strained.
- Don’t grease up– Avoid skincare products getting into the hairline, giving you greasy roots before you even leave the house, by wearing a soft fabric headband when applying your skincare products and makeup. When you move onto your hairstyle, remember to wash your hands.
- When to wash— It’s recommended to wash your hair every two/three days to avoid stripping it of its natural oils. Once a week, apply a leave-in conditioner overnight to replenish the hair.
- Blow-dry it right-– Don’t use the hottest temperature when blow-drying as this can damage and dry out the hair shaft, leaving it weak and prone to breakages. For a natural boost of volume to start your day, blow-dry with your head upside down, then flick upwards and backwards when 90% dry. Always try to avoid drying 100%, your hair will appreciate the little bit of moisture left over.
- When all else fails, rock a ponytail. —It’s a 10-second style that you can wear anywhere. Whether you opt for a high pony or go with a low version, we suggest using a mixture of gel and oil to create the perfect amount of sleekness. Rub the mixture between your palms, apply it to the hair and brush it back. Tie on an elastic then proceed to have a fabulous day.
Applying these (almost) everyday tips to your haircare routine will show your hair that you care for it.
Hair Extension Care
For hair extensions, they look amazing, but they can also be extremely expensive. These pro tips will help you get the most out of your new set, no matter what type you have installed.
Having specialised in hair extensions in Bennetts & Jackson for as long as we can remember, we’re lucky enough to be filled with a whole host of super easy tips on how to keep your extensions looking 10/10. Whether you’re new to the world of extensions or have been a loyal member of the extension club for years, it’s always worth familiarising yourself with the best habits to help your locks to last longer. There is nothing worse than matted, tangled extensions! So, girls, we’re here to fill you in on the top six tips that we swear by:
1. Wash Your Extensions Correctly
2. Never Sleep With Wet Extensions
3. Always Brush Extensions With Care
4. Schedule A Weekly Conditioning Treatment
5. Minimise Heat Damage
6. Avoid Tangling While You Sleep
Nothing beats seeing your new locks for the first time after having extensions fitted, but without care, they most definitely will not last as long as you’d hoped. By adding our above steps to your routine, as well as scheduling regular maintenance appointments, your hair will stay flawless for months to come.