Why We Shampoo Your Hair Twice
Your hair is one of the first things other people notice about you, so it’s no wonder many of us lust after thicker, stronger, glossier locks.
From overnight masks to rinsing your head under cold water, SPF sprays to in-salon treatments, there are all kinds of ways to improve your hair – but it turns out there’s one very simple step you can add to your haircare regime to give you shinier, more beautiful hair.
Here is a B&J tip, adding a second shampoo to your shower routine is one of the best ways to achieve fantastic locks! Here are the benefits of shampooing your hair twice.
The hair will become a lot stronger, shinier and healthier. Wet the hair, then wash it twice with a non-sulphate shampoo.
The first shampoo wash will remove dirt and residue caught up in the hair, while the second wash will help your locks benefit from the nourishing properties of the shampoo.
How to Properly Shampoo Twice
To try it on your own strands, follow our instructions:
- Start off by wetting your hair.
- Pour a handful of shampoo on your palm, and distribute it only on the scalp.
- Scrub with your fingertips all over the scalp with enough pressure that you can actually feel your fingers massaging your scalp, for about 30 to 45 seconds.
- Pour a smaller amount of shampoo only on your scalp (the amount should be determined by the density of the hair).
- Scrub for a minute.
- Rinse completely. (The soapy water that rinses out is enough to clean the ends.)
- Apply conditioner only to the ends.
If your hair is damaged or naturally on the drier side, apply conditioner from midshaft through the ends beforeyou shampoo. That way the shampoo doesn’t touch the dry and damaged ends; it’ll only clean your scalp, leaving the ends alone.
A few extra minutes in the shower wont hurt. After all, good, clean and healthy hair is always trendy. ♥